So, we’re all supposed to be social distancing as much as our work allows. Well, here’s a catch all greeting for newcomers to my blog and my YouTube channel. I made a video of 30 facts about me, mostly because I needed a shorter video idea, and also because it’s a nice way to break the ice. Now I can totes forward it to new peeps I meet, too, because I’m weird like that.
I’m also cheating by sharing the tweet with the video in it, because I could always use more likes on Twitter, too.
But, in a nutshell, my name is Eric. I live in Louisville and I don’t know what I want to do. My hobbies include being creative, messing around with computers, and riding my bicycle.
These “30 facts about me” or “50 facts about me” videos used to be all over the place a few years ago. I kind of miss them because they were an easy way to see if I thought someone was pretty alright or not. I figure I should make one since I just started a new YouTube channel.
If you’d rather just read it, here are the 30 facts about me:
- My name is Eric Shay Howard.
- I live in Louisville, Kentucky.
- I graduated from the University of Louisville in 2017 with a BA in English.
- My job is in IT.
- My peripheral vision is horrible.
- I don’t have a driver’s license.
- I ride my bicycle everywhere.
- My cat’s name is Smoke.
- I’ve tried to start a YouTube channel 3 times in the past.
- I’m totally gay.
- I have a lot of different interests and don’t know what my YouTube channel should really be about.
- The first time I tried to do a YouTube channel, I was a daily vlogger.
- I’m interesting in learning about programming now at the time of this post, so I’m doing a series about teaching myself Python.
- I had a tripod for this camera and I lost it.
- My current phone is a Samsung Galaxy S9+.
- I ran a literary magazine for a few years, but that died.
- About 6 months ago, I thought it would be cool to run a candle shop. Nothing came of it.
- I like drawing and painting, but I’m not very good.
- I like playing pc games.
- I’ve had a gym membership for about a year and I’ve worked out 3 times
- One of talents is that I can stand on my head
- Cleaning is really hard and I’m not very good at it
- Washing dishes is my least-favorite thing
- I can’t cook very well
- I love coffee
- I’m obsessed with office supplies.
- If it’s not 80 degrees, I’m cold
- My favorite happy sad movie is Secondhand Lions.
- I love lasagna.
- My favorite tv show was LOST.